Thursday, June 02, 2011

My Battle Armour...

By Frank

For those who played role playing games such as the Dungeon & Dragons and Final Fantasy series which I used to during my younger days, you will know that in the game itself, players get rewarded by putting on armour and getting themselves equip with weapons. Rewards such as adding up statistic points such as strength, dexterity, speed and so on.

With my upcoming century distance in slightly more than 3 weeks away, unveiling now is my "battle armour" which I will use on race day. Yes, you read correctly, yours truly has decided to run it. I've received my new gear a couple of months back but did not reveal it until now. I will be running my first ever century distance in the K-Swiss tri top and shorts, with the K-Swiss Kwicky Blade-Light. Reason I choose the triathlon apparel is due that it's going to be a long adventure and I will be pouring water over myself to cool myself down. This, the triathlon apparel will be able to take it. And not forgetting that after a few times running in them, I do find that it's certainly more comfortable than traditional running vest and shorts. Maybe a +1 to strength and dexterity. Haha...

As for the K-Swiss Kwicky Blade-Light, the hydrophobic Ion-Mask coating will definitely help with water that will be coming down from all the pouring, and not to mention the drainage and ventilation pods. And after running plenty in the Blade family of shoes, I am confident to say that the "Blades" does help in propulsion and also the protection for my feet in the gruelling run. So perhaps a +1 to speed and armour?

GU Energy will be my nutrition for the race. GU Energy Gel, GU Roctane, GU Chomps and GU Brew will be my choice for the night. A choice I selected on my own based on my experience with it. How will I take them, I will leave it to the last week prior to the race to decide when I measure my body composition.

My training has gone down the drain. If last year was bad, this year was worse! Last year, I was super busy in setting up Runnerz Circle. Coincidently, I'm again busy attached to another project this year. However, with the closure of Runnerz Circle, I will be running my first ever century distance under my company, a dedication to it and also to my sponsors. From there on, a new chapter awaits...

2 comments:

Nick Arthur said...

Good for you Frank :D And all the best.

Jamie Pang said...

So cute. I mean the shoes :)