Wednesday, November 23, 2011

En Route Pietermaritzburg...

By Frank

A relief indeed! After crossing the finish line at the recent Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM) 2011, I was just so worried that I can't make it to Comrades Marathon 2012. It was such a close shave. 2 minutes slower and I'm done for, burning off more than half a grand Malaysian Ringgit worth of race participation fees.


PBIM 2011, my ticket to Comrades Marathon 2012...

But as of earlier today, I submitted my PBIM 2011 results which was released yesterday to the Comrades event organiser and within an hour plus, they replied, "Race number 57056. I have updated your entry". A sense of relief and happiness, I know I am now a confirmed qualified entry into the race next year. And upon checking up on the system, my joy was doubled. :D



57056 is confirmed...

And as expected, I was seeded H, the last of the last and therefore will be placed in the last start wave also widely known as the "Kandang" in the Malay language. Kind of sad that I have to start at the back, but at this point, I can't asked for more. Chee Kong who will be my host for this event who will also run it too, will be starting at wave D, much ahead of me.

Anyhow, this will be major step. Next will be finalising the charity fund raising for cancer research. Till then, let's do the African dance!

1 comment:

Kevin Siah said...

This is BIG news, Frank! Congrats!